Wow, a whole week and not a single post! I suck! Between nerve-wracking revisions and critiques for several AWESOME writers I haven't had enough brain power left to blog.
I'm coming up on my very first Blogaversary and I'm thinking it's time I come up with some structure for this blog. A weekly schedule of posts I think. So I'm asking you, is there any features you'd like to see on my blog?
Here are some of my ideas:
* A weekly post devoted to an up and coming writer.
* A weekly book review.
* A weekly writing post (of the tips/advice/structure variety).
Not sure what else. Friday Five? Link roundup? Something more personal about my own writing progress?
Let me know what you'd like to see!
And now, I have a few new awards that I've been lax at posting.
First, from author Kristie Cook - The Life Is Good Award. Thank you Kristi!:
And here are the questions I get to answer:
1. What is your favorite genre to read? Why?
YA, obviously! It's weird, but I find myself reading more Contemporary than Paranormal even though I'm definitely a Paranormal/Sci-Fi writer. I also really like Kathy Reich's books (and other adult mystery/crime fic like that) although I haven't read any adult books in over a year.
2. If you couldn't write in the genre you do, what genre would you write in?
If I couldn't write in my genre, I'd probably just write screenplays instead.
3. Pepsi or Cola?
Coke, but really, I'm a Dr. Pepper girl.
4. How do you like to spend your Sundays?
Lounging around with a good book.
5. Penguin or Giraffe?
Where I live, we have a zoo where you can feed giraffes (they eat right out of your hand), which is really cool, so I'll go with them since I've never met a penguin.
6. What type of vehicle do you drive?
I drive a little blue box. The original Scion xB - the one that's really square. I love it.
7. Would you lick a battery if your life depended on it?
My friends and I used to do this in elementary school. It started as a dare and then we realized that little shock on your tongue was oddly addicting so we quit. But if my life depended on it? Sure.
8. When do you like to write - in the morning, in the afternoon, evening?
I used to be a late at night kind of writer, but when I did NaNoWriMo, I found that I really enjoyed getting up early brewing some coffee and getting my wordcount in before anything else. It makes the whole day feel better if I know I've already written.
9. Which do you like more - Facebook or Twitter?
This is tough. I don't tweet very much - I find that if I do I end up reading tweets all day and not doing anything else - but I think Twitter is awesome. I use facebook more just because it's less intensive. I can browse what people are doing whenever I feel like it without missing out. I'm going to say it's a tie right now. When I finish these revisions and get to spend more time on Twitter I'll see.
10. If you get hurt (like a scrape on the knee or break your arm), do you ask for a band aid?
What an odd question. Ask who? If I'm out in public and I'm bleeding I suppose I might, otherwise I just get it myself.
And now, from Shalena at Writer Quirk - The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks Shalena!:
For this award, I must share 7 things about myself:
1. I have a dog named Baxter that is a Husky/Beagle mix. And a calico cat named Lola.
2. For years my favorite color was orange, but now it's green.
3. When I was ten I started my first YA book. It was a teen romance. I wish I could find that notebook.
4. I was allergic to cats when I got Lola. I thought if I started small I would build a tolerance to her and I did!
5. I love British tv! (Especially Doctor Who and Life On Mars.)
6. I have 4 tattoos but two were add-ons so it looks like I just have two.
7. I was a cheerleader in junior high and high school before switching to the flag corps.
I'll have to do another post to pass these awards along. In the meantime, have a happy 4th of July weekend!