Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - 8

Don't forget to check out my weekly post at my crit group's blog Sisters In Scribe! This week I talk about ways to up your productivity!

WOW is hosted by Breaking The Spine. This week's choice is:

Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu - release date February 2, 2010


Everyone has secrets. Some are just bigger and dirtier than others.


For sixteen years, Lucy has kept her mother's hoarding a secret. She's had to -- nobody would understand the stacks of newspapers and mounds of garbage so high they touch the ceiling and the rotting smell that she's always worried would follow her out the house. After years of keeping people at a distance, she finally has a best friend and maybe even a boyfriend if she can play it right. As long as she can make them think she's normal.


When Lucy arrives home from a sleepover to find her mother dead under a stack of National Geographics, she starts to dial 911 in a panic, but pauses before she can connect. She barely notices the filth and trash anymore, but she knows the paramedics will. First the fire trucks, and then news cameras that will surely follow. No longer will they be remembered as the nice oncology nurse with the lovely children -- they'll turn into that garbage-hoarding freak family on Collier Avenue.


With a normal life finally within reach, Lucy has only minutes to make a critical decision. How far will she go to keep the family secrets safe?


Dirty Little Secrets is C.J. Omololu's debut YA novel. I'm dying to read it. I find that show Hoarders so fascinating and this book sounds so good.

13 comments:

RaĆ­la said...

Yay! Hhahah. Sounds pretty awesome. I think I should read it as well, shouldn't I? :)

Pixie said...

I cant wait to read this one. Its on my 2010 Debut list. You can read my WoW here.

Unknown said...

This one sounds awesome - what a great pick! :)

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, this one's going on the list. I'm absolutely fascinated by A&E's Hoarders. One of the most riveting hours of television...thanks for putting this one on my radar!

Anonymous said...

I need to add this one to my Debut authors list for this year, sounds like an amazing book.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I second Jess - Debut Author list addition! Thanks. :-)

INCiDeNT (Kayleigh) said...

Sounds interesting! Will be keeping a lookout for it!

Monster of Books said...

Looks interesting :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I definitely want to read this one too!

ninefly said...

wow, a 24-hour span, that sounds really intense, looking forward to it!

Carrie Harris said...

This looks so interesting. I knew a hoarder once. Helped him clean out his house, which was... uh... interesting.

Nina said...

The book sounds amazing, cant wait for it either!

Jennay and Luke the Pup said...

I saw this book on someone else's blog and I was interested in it. Thanks for reminding me about this one. I will have to read it someday...oh when the rest of my tbr goes down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails