Wednesday, April 27, 2011

3 Signs That I'm Starting A New Book

Inspired by Kristi's post yesterday, here's some signs that I'm writing a new book:

1. I can't hear you. What's that? Were you saying something to me? So sorry, I was thinking about that plot twist, and what it's like for my character to experience this whole new world I'm building her, and how I'm going to manage to squeeze in a kissing scene.

2. Flip-flop. Chances are I'm somewhere in the middle of W I D E mood swings from OMG this is the crazy-coolest most awesome idea ever!!! to What was I thinking? HOW WILL I EVER MAKE THIS WORK???

3. Gone missing. You can't find me anywhere. Not on g-chat, or twitter. I'm slow to answer emails. Hopefully because I'm typing away on that story or more likely, because I'm avoiding my computer like the plague.

So there you have it. My dirty little secrets revealed! How about you? Are you better behaved than me when starting a new project?

5 comments:

Shannon Messenger said...

I can SO relate to this! I think perhaps we might be kindred spirits. (though you're probably too cool to use terms like that) :)

Kathryn Rose said...

I usually feel really free when I start writing a new one, convinced that this'll be the one just for ME without any serious publication intentions. I write whatever I want even if it doesn't make sense or is nonsensical; then about halfway through, I start to wonder if this could be something others would like. Then I freeze and try to unwrite the crazy. That's why I tend to go for magic realism. :)

Pam Harris said...

This is absolutely true! I always feel so out of the loop when I'm writing a 1st draft--but sometimes I have to shut off everything else just to get the words out. :)

Trisha said...

Yep, I know the feeling! ;)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

LOL. Perfect!! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails