Monday, August 9, 2010
It's my blogoversary today! Exactly one year ago today I posted my first post in this blog. Since that day, I've learned SO much and met so many AWESOME people I can hardly believe it! I truly feel so fortunate to have found the YA community. I can honestly say that it's changed my life!
Since I started this blog I've:
- Found some awesome Crit Partners. (Like my Sisters In Scribe.)
- Gone to some amazing conferences. Yay SCBWI! Hello Write On Con!
- Got crazy amounts of support and encouragement. (Love the Verla Kay Blue Boards!)
- FINISHED A BOOK!
- Discovered tons of new authors and great books.
- Met so many awesome writers and bloggers.
- Made some real life friends.
- Won and placed in some writing contests. (Woohoo Secret Agent, Adventures in Children's Publishing and of course, Nathan Bransford!)
- Gotten helpful feedback.
- Learned SO MUCH about the publishing industry.
In celebration of how awesome my first year in the YA community has been, I'm going to spend the next month celebrating it! Yes, that means CONTESTS! Even INTERNATIONAL CONTESTS!
I'm also going to try to come up with a better more regular blog schedule, so I'll be testing some ideas out and hopefully you'll let me know what you think! There might even be a new look for the blog!
Today I just want to say THANK YOU to every single one of you who welcomed me into this community, read this blog, and who love YA as much as I do! You've made this past year, which was a difficult one personally, one of the best I've ever had. I can't wait to see what the next year has in store!