Friday, December 4, 2009

2010 Debut Authors Challenge

The Story Siren
2010 Debut Author Challenge
Hosted by: The Story Siren


I decided I could use one more thing to distract me from writing and use up all my money so I'm participating in the Debut Author Challenge!

What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?

•The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year.* I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.

•Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.

•The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!

Sign Up Here!

Here's the list of books I'm planning to read for this challenge so far:

1.   Paranormalcy - Kiersten White
2.   The Naughty List - Suzanne Young
3.   The Body Finder - Kimberly Derting
4.   Bleeding Violet - Dia Reeves
5.   Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver *read*
6.   The Rise of Renegade X - Chelsea M. Campbell *read*
7.   Shade - Jeri Smith-Ready
8.   The Secret Year - Jennifer Hubbard *read*
9.   Matched - Ally Condie *read*
10. Dirty Little Secrets - C.J. Omololu *read*
11. All Unquiet Things - Anna Jarzab
12. Firespell - Chloe Neill
13. The Iron Thorn - Caitlin Kittredge
14. Hunger - Jackie Kessler
15. Other - Karen Kincy
16. The Tension of Opposites - Kristina McBride
17. Exit Strategy - Ryan Potter
18. Faithful - Janet Fox
19. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
20. The Deathday Letter - Shaun Hutchinson
21. Party - Tom Leveen *read*
22. The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff
23. The Line - Teri Hall
24. Restoring Harmony - Joƫlle Anthony
25. The Iron King - Julie Kagawa
26. Harmonic Feedback - Tara Kelly
27. A Blue So Dark - Holly Schindler
28. 13 to Life: A Werewolf's Tale - Shannon Delaney
29. The Summer of Skinny Dipping - Amanda Howells *read*
30. Shadow Hills - Anastasia Hopcus *read*
31. Split - Swati Avasthi *read*
32. Guardian of the Dead - Karen Healey
33. A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend - Emily Horner *read*
34. Firelight by Sophie Jordan *read*
35. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson *read*
36. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger *read*
37. Freefall by Mindi Scott *read*
38. The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney *read*
39. Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
40. Losing Faith by Denise Jaden

8 comments:

Kiersten White said...

I think most of my money will go to books next year, too! Thanks so much for including Paranormalcy! I can also testify that Stephanie Perkin's Anna and the Boy Masterpiece is FREAKING AMAZING. So excited to read more debut novels next year, too!

Unknown said...

Valerie - I love your list and have Paranormalcy at the top of mine too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monster of Books said...

I'm excited to read the Body Finder, I can't wait till 2010 :) !!!

Daisy Whitney said...

Such a great list and 2010 is going to be a great year for books! I have already read THE NAUGHTY LIST since Suzanne is one of my critique partners and I got to read her second book SO MANY BOYS too! They are delicious! And I also am looking forward to PARANORMALCY, ANNA AND THE BOY MASTERPIECE, THE SECRET YEAR, THE TENSION OF OPPOSITES and so many others.

the story siren said...

YAY! Thanks for joining the challenge! It's going to be so much fun! And you've got a great list of books! Good luck!

Stephanie Perkins said...

I'm so happy and honored (and flattered) to find ANNA AND THE BOY MASTERPIECE on your list! Thank you very, very much. And thanks for participating in this amazing challenge!

(And *I* can testify that Kiersten's Paranormalcy is also freaking amazing!)

Swati said...

Wow, I'm honored that Split made the list. Thanks for including it and happy reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails