Sunday, August 9, 2009

Finally!

So I'm finally getting around to starting a writing blog. I have been meaning to forever, but every time I log into blogger I end up reading all the blogs I follow and then it's time for me to get back to writing. Hopefully this blog will follow my journey from completing my first YA novel, through the whole submitting to agents process, and all the way to publication because what's the point if you don't have goals, right? I'll also be reviewing books from time to time.

A little about me. I'm a filmmaker. I have written and directed my own screenplays and even won a few awards. I also direct and edit music videos. I have always loved to write, and was actually a Creative Writing major in college before I decided to pursue the film industry and graduated from film school instead. I figured one day I would write a novel, (one day far in the future) but in the past year, my love for YA has been rekindled and suddenly my mind was filled with the kind of ideas that would work much better in books than movies. So here I am. I have been so amazed by the community of YA writers, it's so welcoming and supportive and have made me feel like writing a book is something I can really do.

What I'm writing - my current work in progress, Sleeper, is best described as My So-Called Life meets The Bourne Identity. Yes, really! I guess you could call it something like a YA Contemporary Sci-Fi Thriller or Urban Fantasy. I'm just about 20,000 words in, and am hoping to finish the first draft by the end of August. I also have an untitled YA Paranormal Romance in the works. I'm 10,000 words into that one but I put it on the backburner when the idea for Sleeper popped into my head.

Anyway, that's it for my first post. Whew! That was easier than I thought!

1 comment:

Mame said...

You did it!

*sigh*

Welcome

Related Posts with Thumbnails