Thursday, November 5, 2009

Twittercation Day 5

So I've been off Twitter for 5 days now, just 2 more to go, and I have to admit, Nova Ren Suma was right, Twitter kills novels. Because in just four days I managed to write over 11,000 words on my NaNoWriMo project. 11,000 in 4 days!! It boggles the mind. Most of it will need major revision but I'm still really happy with the way the story is flowing. It's so much darker than I thought it would be, which I love.

I've seen a lot of other people do this and I figured why not. Here's one of my favorite lines I've written so far:

"I stared out at the lake, wishing I could smell the water, feel the sand, leave an effing mark - something that would prove I was a part of her world." Ben - Whisper

How's NaNo going for you?

4 comments:

Nova Ren Suma said...

I'm sorry to be right about the killing-novels thing, but WOW! You are truly amazing. Your progress is so inspiring! Seeing this, I'm now afraid to go back to Twitter on Nov. 8.

Congrats on 11,000 words, wow!

Valerie Kemp said...

I'm glad you were right about Twitter! I supposed deep down I knew it too, but your pointing it out was really the kick in the butt I needed. Thanks for that!

I would hold off on the amazement until I see how many of those 11,000 words are actually usable! It was such a breakthrough for me to turn off my inner editor and just write. I will have a TON of revising to do when I finish this, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Lacey J Edwards said...

Wow, Val! Awesome progress. I've gotten just below the 10k mark so far. I must say that is an awesome line. Looking forward to reading it.

Lacey J Edwards said...

And I slapped myself for the excessive use of "awesome".

Related Posts with Thumbnails