Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Debut Extravaganza

So you already know I'm a book junkie, but did I you know I have an extra special place in my heart for debuts? This year is so exciting for me because so many of the authors whose journeys I've been following are debuting. Some of them (like Michelle Hodkin) I remember from contest entries, and now they're real live books! So here's a few of the YA author debut books I can't wait to read this year!





ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis (debuted 1/11/11)
ANGELFIRE by Courtney Allison Moulton (debuts 2/15/11)
THE LIAR SOCIETY by Lisa and Laura Roecker (debuts 3/1/11)
BLOOD MAGIC by Tessa Gratton (debuts 5/24/11)
DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth (debuts 5/3/11)
HOURGLASS by Myra McEntire debuts (5/24/11)
POSSESSION by Elana Johnson (debuts 6/7/11)
IMAGINARY GIRLS by Nova Ren Suma (debuts 6/14/11)
BAD TASTE IN BOYS by Carrie Harris (debuts 7/12/11)
WILDEFIRE by Karsten Knight (debuts 7/26/11)
THE NEAR WITCH by Victoria Schwab (debuts 8/2/11)
THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin (debuts 9/27/11)


What debuts are you looking forward to?

8 comments:

Stormi said...

I have read ATU and it was a decent read. I got a ARC of The Liar Society the other day and did a happy dance..LOL Some of those others I am putting on my wishlist for the YA debut author challenge! :)

Anita Saxena said...

I'm very excited about these debuts as well. Especially Posession (love Elana's blog) and Across the Universe and Divergent.

Tracey Neithercott said...

I'm dying to read all of them. First, it'll be Across the Universe, which I just won and will dive into as soon as I get it.

I'm especially excited for Divergent, Possession and Liar Society. (And I would like to frame the gorgeous The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer cover.) But seriously? All of them sound so good.

BK Mattingly said...

I'm really looking forward to Imaginary Girls. I can't get the cover out of my head :)

Kristin Rae said...

I'm looking forward to some of these as well, and some of them I haven't heard of--I'll look into them :)

Jacqueline Howett said...

Hi Valerie, I look forward to placing some of them on my wish list. Thanks.

Gee! You sure have read some books.

Jacqueline Howett, Author of the debut novel, The Greek Seaman, eBook.

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

These look like great reads. Thanks for sharing.

Myra McEntire said...

OH HAI! Thanks for putting HOURGLASS on your list!

Related Posts with Thumbnails